Friday, May 4, 2012

What is ovulation test

In order to understand what is an ovulation test, it is necessary to know, what ovulation is. Ovulation is the name of the process that occurs once in each cycle, when hormonal changes make the ovaries to release an egg. This typically occurs 12 – 16 days before the start of a new period. A high level of estrogen just before the ovulation causes a sudden increase in another hormone called LH (luteinizing hormone). The rapid increase in luteinizing hormone releases the egg from the ovary and that is what is called ovulation.
Ovulation test



Ovulation test functions by detecting the reproductive luteinizing hormone (LH). A positive result on an ovulation test indicates that you will most likely become fertile over the next 3 days – with peak fertility at 24 to 36 hours after the LH, or positive ovulation test.

Watch this video on how to use ovulation test



How to use an ovulation test

Buy an ovulation test at a pharmacy, grocery store or Web site. I personally buy them from Early Pregnancy Test.com, because they sell them in packs, so it saves me some money. They are fast and discrete with shipping.

Follow the instructions of ovulation test carefully to keep your results accurate. It is recommended not using the first morning urine, but to test sometime between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. Test at the same time every day. Start testing on day 11 of your menstrual cycle if your cycle is 28 days. You probably ovulate between day 12 and day 16. If your cycles are longer, your ovulation will be about 12 - 16 days before your expected ovulation.

I recommend tracking your ovulation by using basal body temperature measurment method for 2 - 3 months in order to find out when your ovulation usually is.

Learn about how to determine your fertile days on Be Pregnant Fast blog.


Start testing about 3 days before your expected ovulation. Keep testing each day until you detect the hormone surge. In the case of a positive ovulation test it is recommended to have an intercourse in 24 – 36 hours after. To increase the chance of conceiving, it is recommended to time intercourse the day of the LH surge as well as following three days after.

1 comment:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete